Thursday, August 30, 2012

Look! We made you a new fan!

Last night Steve and I went to see our favorite band, Shovels & Rope (Husband & Wife duo: Cary Ann Hearst & Michael Trent) at the Beachland Ballroom & Tavern.

This was the first time I didn't enjoy a tasty brewski at our favorite concert venue because I was being a responsible Momsy........yay...

I was introduced to their music through Cary Ann Hearst's song, "Hell's Bells" which was featured on True Blood (the show has AmAHzing music BTW).

The first time they came to Cleveland the weather was so bad that everyone got stuck downtown for 3 hours trying to get home from work.

Want to move to sunny Cleveland from South Carolina Cary Ann & Michael? No....can't imagine why...lol

Me and my co-workers chose to watch the 3 hour traffic shenanigans from a pub instead of partake in it and then even when I got home at 7:30pm I insisted that Steve and I still head to the East Side to see Shovels & Rope.

Thank God we did.

Because Steve and I fell in love with them!

And for us to both love a band so much is saying something when I heart bands like Arcade Fire, Those Darlins and The Decemberists and he loves um....Nickleback  (sorry honey I had to lol).

Here they are playing a song I requested when they first came to Cleves in 2010:



I love how powerful the song is, but when I requested it Cary Ann said that she was in a dark place when she wrote it........

So my bad for dredging that shiz-nat up Cary Ann!

I hope you forgive me with my constant frequenting of your shows! ;)

(We have seen them 4 times since they first came to Cleveland)



Here are some songs they played when they came last night:













And yes.

I did go up to them and say:

"We are so excited to see you play tonight! We see you EVERY time you come to Cleveland!"

"AND....Look! We made you a new fan!" (Me patting my tummy)

Who's awesome and a non-dork...?

Me!

Not.


P.S. I think I may have felt some bubbles or fluttering at the show last night via Peanut. I can't be positive though...I'd like to think that he was really enjoying the music and jamming.  I hope that's the case. We are going to raise him to have excellent musical taste.


Stacey, Susan, Amanda, Me & Cary Ann Hearst the 2nd time they came to Cleveland:



Steve with Cary Ann Hearst the 2nd time they came to Cleveland:




LOL


 

No comments:

Post a Comment