Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Aunt Bitty's Bridal Shower

My Sister Brittney (Bitty) is getting married this September and I couldn't be more excited to help her celebrate with her fiance Jarrod!
 
Their colors are teal & marigold and they are having a rustic-themed wedding.
 
Brittney's shower was Sunday June 30th and as I'm the M.O.H I took my duties VERY seriously and lended my skills as an extreme crafter, pastry chef, florist, d.j. (yep made a playlist), decorator & event coordinator.
 
A.K.A.
 
 
This is all the crap I made:
 
 
 Chalkboard Sign:
 
 
 
Monogram "N" for their last name wrapped in teal yarn (took fo-ev-a!) and burlap flowers:
 
 
Rustic Wooden Pallet Board. I stained the board with a combo of antiquing glaze & espresso stain then added twine, wooden clips, photos of Bitty & Jarrod, lace doilies and a burlap flower:
 
 
Twine Wrapped wine bottles (approximately 20 glue sticks sacrificed themselves for these), burlap & lace mason jars, teal/yellow jars (dyed by Brittney's wonderful friend Jen)& wildflower floral centerpieces:
 
 
 
Cake Pops in teal, yellow, dark chocolate & white chocolate
 
 
 
3 kinds of cupcakes:
 
Lemon with lemon curd & Lemon Swiss Meringue Buttercream
White Almond Cake strawberry puree & Almond Swiss Meringue Buttercream
Vanilla Bean Cupcake chocolate ganache & Vanilla Swiss Meringue Buttercream
 
 
"Gettin Hitched" Burlap Banner
 
 
 
"Bride" Burlap Banner
 
 
 
 
BUT...I couldn't have done it all without the help of...
 
Steve...he made all of the cupcake fillings, helped play with JP, drove the cake pops to us when we forgot them, cleaned up after all of my messes and kept me calm! Love you honey! You are the Best!
 
My Mom...! She booked the venue and handled the catering, got Brittney's corsage, and took care of Juliet numerous times while I hot glued, cooked and arranged flowers etc.
 
Aunt Cindy for making delicious & gorgeous teal & yellow sugar cookies!
 
Brittney's good buddies: Amy, Jen & Michelle! They filled cupcakes, arranged flowers, dyed mason jars, provided the pallet board, setup the shower, took down the shower, played with Juliet and provided moral support lol. Love you Ladies!
 
Last, but not least, thanks to Kristin of The Crafty Giant who again took gorgeous pictures of our family and friends on Brittney's special day.
 
Aren't the photos gorgeous?
 
 
 
UM HECK YES!
 
So here's some more:
 
 
The Beautiful Bride
 
 
 
 
 Me & my smiling little lady:
 
 
 
  The adorable couple:
 
 


Congratulations Brittney & Jarrod! We can't wait to celebrate more with you in September!

I'm bout ta tear it up on the dance floor fo sho!

Yep I typed fo sho. Wha-what!?

I'm Awesome.
 
 
Love to you and my blog peeps!
 
XO,
Krista

 

2 comments:

  1. I think that Brittney has the best sister in the world! Thank you to Krista, Steve, Kristin and all the bridesmaids that worked so hard to make this day special for my little girl! Love you all bunches!
    Nana
    aka mother of the bride!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. What amazing DIY wedding it was! I think it is the most beautiful and well planner DIY wedding. I have a low budget so have decided to have DIY ceremony at some local garden Los Angeles wedding venues. I will use some handmade crafts for the decorations.

    ReplyDelete