Tuesday, July 24, 2012

July Appointment & "Pelvic Thrusting"

Today was our July monthly checkup. Peanut is doing well. His heartbeat was 158. It was a pretty quick appointment. My blood pressure was normal and my weight gain of 2 lbs was "right on track" per my Doc. No Ultrasound today, but we did get to hear Peanut's heartbeat which was awesome.

We are going to schedule the super awesome Anatomy Ultrasound 4 weeks from now. That should be a good time.

However due to some surprising events we did get to see Peanut last Friday night:

Last Friday night I had some abdominal pain and headed to the ER on my OB GYN's instructions.

After lots of testing and shenanigans and watching a bit of National Treasure starring my favorite actor Nicholas Cage (NOT! But I can't help myself from watching Con Air every time it is on TV...why? lol), and spending 5 hours at St. John Westshore I headed home. I was diagnosed with a mild infection and the Doc treated it with medicine that has been working.

We were just relived that Peanut was safe & sound. But, going to the ER SOOOOKS!

The bonus part about the ER Trip was that we got to see Peanut on the Ultrasound swimming around and looking at us. My Mom works at the hospital so Nana got to see her grandson or granddaughter for the first time. That was pretty awesome.

The Doctor also told me that I should be on "Pelvic Rest" for the next few days. This resulted in many jokes from my good buddies and a lot of  "Time Warp" references. lol

After seeing my regular OBGYN today she said the Pelvic Rest is no longer necessary so I am excited to resume "Pelvic Thrusting" via "The Time Warp":



It's just a jump to the left
And then a step to the right
Put your hands on your hips
You bring your knees in tight
But it's the Pelvic Thrust
That really drives you insane!
Let's do the time-warp again!
Let's do the time-warp again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment