Thursday, December 20, 2012

Week 35 Update: Third Trimester Blues

We saw the Doc this week and everything was good. My blood pressure was normal and now every week they hook me up to the fetal monitor for a "Stress Test" and monitor Peanut's movements and heart rate.

Peanut was bouncing around a lot this week and his (or her) heart rate was good.

 
Third Trimester Blues:

I told my Doc that I'm still getting some morning headaches and have been waking up feeling a bit queasy and am getting VERY easily winded and tired all the time.

Example, when I'm doing my hair and makeup in the morning I need to sit for breaks=lame.

My Doc ordered some blood work on me because of this and thankfully everything came back normal which was great.

So that is probably just some third trimester roughness. :(

I've also been sleeping pretty terribly.

Between getting up to go to the bathroom once an hour, to weird dreams (Tuesday night was a nightmare about Steve being swallowed by a giant Super-Mario fish, "Big Bertha") or other stress or anxieties keeping me awake, I'm exhausted all the time.


FYI Steven, please steer clear of this EVIL EVIL fish. lol
 




Last night we had our Lamaze class at Fairview Hospital and watched a video about bringing the baby home for the first time and how I am going to have to care for myself  and recover after labor.

I gotta say it was a bit overwhelming..

There is a lot more about recovering on my end then I thought and I wasn't really aware of that there is a TON of stuff we have to check for in the first 24 hours and weeks to make sure Peanut is doing well.

I guess I'm afraid about being able to keep track of it all.

BUT...

Everyone is telling me that my Mommy instincts will take over and not to worry to much about the giant list of stuff we were given last night to check for. I'm trying to heed that advice.

I'm lucky that we have so many people around us to give some newborn advice and help get us through that super crazy time.

My Mom has promised to make me her famous spaghetti and meatballs as I will apparently not have much time to cook. I think I am going to spend the weekend after Christmas cooking some meals and freezing them to help prepare.



On the plus side (and cause I'm sick of sounding like "Emo Krista" in today's blog post):
 
 
Peanut's been kicking up a storm and is very active in my tummy, which is great. :)

We have our hospital bags ready to go, the car seat installed and Peanut's room all ready.

Here is a picture of Peanut's coming home outfit which is ADORE-A-BLE!




Our little Bunny!

We wanted something unique and special to bring our Peanut home in and I'm a bit obsessed with Bunnies By the Bay stuff.

It is super soft and soooooo darn cute!


About 4 weeks left to go! Unless Peanut decides to make an early appearance! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment